Let’s get lost in nature! Park Natural Educators will provide an aquatic experience for those interested in learning more about one of the largest estuaries in New Jersey. Learn all about the many historical and ecological functions of the bay, and how it is all intertwined. You will be told past stories on the people who lived here long ago and how they utilized the natural resources of the bay, all while observing and learning about the marine life, plants, birds, and geology of the area. Come join Park Natural Educators to learn more in depth about this unique ecosystem.
- Ages 14 and older.
- All equipment will be provided.
- Please dress appropriately, bring drinking water, and bug spray (binoculars are optional). Watershoes are required.
- Park Admission fees apply and are payable on the day of the program as you enter the Park at the Main Gate.
- Participants should arrive & check-in at the A21 parking lot 30 minutes before the start of the program.
- The program will run rain or shine! Please prepare for the weather. In severe weather, if the Park cancels the program, you will be notified, and you will receive a full refund. If the registered participant cancels for any reason, the fee is not refundable.
- We look forward to seeing you at Island Beach State Park! For questions, please call the Nature Center: 732-793-1315
Kayak Tour Disclaimer
- Kayaking is a great adventure, but with any sports there are risks that you need to be aware of to decide whether you wish to participate. It is a physical sport and therefore has the potential for injury or harm. By signing up for this kayak tour, you are agreeing to a waiver/disclaimer for any possible injury or harm. You undertake this activity at your own risk.
- The weather and the water conditions can change quickly and significantly. While dangerous situations are very rare within the Barnegat Bay, they are possible. Each person is responsible for their own safety and personal belongings they bring with them on the day. It is important that you follow the instructions of your Naturalist in order to limit the chances of risk or harm.