Outdoor Women of NJ – Surf Fishing Clinic
May 11 @ 8:30 am - 2:30 pm$10
Island Beach State Park and NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife are partnering to offer Outdoor Women of NJ Surf Fishing Clinic. This program is for women 18 years and older interested in learning the basics about the sport of surf fishing.
Date: May 11, 2019 Time: 8:30am – 2:30pm Location: IBSP, Swimming Area #1
- Must be 18 or older to attend
- All equipment and bait will be provided. If you have your own surf fishing rod and reel, feel free to bring it!
- You must register with the FREE NJ Saltwater Registry at www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/ prior to the workshop
- Please bring sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, water in refillable water bottle, and lunch. Light morning refreshments will be provided
- Dress for the weather and be prepared to get wet and sandy. If you have chest waders, you may want to bring them. Also, you may want to bring a change of clothes for the end of the day after the workshop.
- Park admission fees apply and are payable on the day of the event as you enter the park. Fees are: NJ Resident $10, Non-Resident $20
- The workshop is rain or shine, warm or cold. The Park may cancel the workshop in the event of severe weather. You will be notified and will receive a full refund. If the registered participant cancels for any reason, the fee is nonrefundable
We look forward to seeing you at IBSP! For questions, please call the Nature Center at 732-793-1315.
Note: As part of this workshop, you will have the opportunity to register for the Governors Surf Fishing Tournament to be held on May 19. The surf fishing equipment will be available for your use, but you will need to supply your own bait. Don’t worry, we will go over everything with you during the workshop!