- This event has passed.
August 10 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$10
Enjoy a relaxing evening with friends and family and experience the magic of IBSP at night! Join us for a casual stroll on the beach to the historic Judge’s Shack to hear about Island Beach State Park’s history from an interpreter from Friends of the Judge’s Shack. Then, enjoy marshmallows around a bonfire while watching the sunset. Then, once the stars come out, members of the ASTRA astronomy club will do an astronomy talk and you can look through their massive telescopes! With no light pollution, you’ll see the night sky like you’ve never seen it before!
- All ages welcome, however a registered adult must accompany minors.
- Bring a flashlight, blanket or chair, drinking water, and bug spray.
- Park Admission fees apply and are payable on the day of the program as you enter the Park at the Main Gate.
- Participants should arrive at the A13 Parking Lot 15 minutes before the start of the program.
- The program will run rain or shine! Please prepare for the weather. If the Park cancels the program, you will be notified and you will receive a full refund. If the registered participant cancels for any reason, the fee is not refundable.
- We look forward to seeing you at Island Beach State Park! For questions, please call the Nature Center: 732-793-1315