Join us on an adventurous hike and experience the magic of Island Beach State Park at night. Hike through the dark, dense maritime forest, over the rolling dunes and down to the beach. Enjoy a blazing bonfire, marshmallows and s’mores while learning about the parks history, ecology and even some astronomy! We are thrilled that the ASTRA astronomy club will be joining us again this year! There might even be someone at the iconic Judges Shack waiting for you!
- All ages welcome, however a registered adult must accompany minors.
- Bring a flashlight, blanket or chair, drinking water, and bug spray.
- Park Admission fees apply and are payable on the day of the program as you enter the Park at the Main Gate.
- Participants should arrive at the A13 Parking Lot 15 minutes before the start of the program.
- The program will run rain or shine! Please prepare for the weather. If the Park cancels the program, you will be notified and you will receive a full refund. If the registered participant cancels for any reason, the fee is not refundable.
- We look forward to seeing you at Island Beach State Park! For questions, please call the Nature Center: 732-793-1315
- Night Hiking/bonfires are great adventures, but with any sports there are risks that you need to be aware of to decide whether you wish to participate. It is a physical sport and therefore has the potential for injury or harm. The weather and the water conditions can change quickly and significantly. While dangerous situations are rare,, they are possible. Each person is responsible for their own safety and personal belongings they bring with them on the day. It is important that you follow the instructions of your Naturalist in order to limit the chances of risk or harm.