- This event has passed.
Birding by Kayak
October 13, 2018 @ 4:00 am - 6:30 am$25
Island Beach State Park is famous for its fantastic scenery and amazing bird watching opportunities. We are proud to offer a birding by kayak tour just in time for the fall migration! Join Park Naturalists and observe the many species of birds that use IBSP as a stopover on their migration route!
- Ages 14 and older.
- All equipment will be provided.
- Please dress appropriately, bring drinking water, and bug spray. Feel free to bring your own binoculars. Everything you wear can and will get wet. Watershoes are required.
- Park Admission fees apply and are payable on the day of the program as you enter the Park at the Main Gate.
- Participants should arrive & check-in at the Nature Center 30 minutes before the start of the program.
- The program will run rain or shine! Please prepare for the weather. The Park might cancel a program in the case of extreme weather, in which case you will be notified, and you will receive a full refund. If the registered participant cancels for any reason, the fee is not refundable.
- We look forward to seeing you at Island Beach State Park! For questions, please call the Nature Center: 732-793-1315
Kayak Tour Disclaimer
- The weather and the water conditions can change quickly and significantly. While dangerous situations are very rare within the Barnegat Bay, they are possible. Each person is responsible for their own safety and personal belongings they bring with them on the day. It is important that you follow the instructions of your Naturalist in order to limit the chances of risk or harm.